Image Alt




Other Membership Programs

Insurance-related Programs

Healthways Prime Fitness

Healthways Prime Fitness members can join the Y as part of their participation in the program.

How do I sign up?

  1. Fill out a membership application at your local Y.
  2. When you sign up, bring your Healthways Prime ID card (it has a 16-digit number on it).

Any spouses will need to have their own Healthways card in order to become Y members under the program. Dependent children under the age of 18 may be added to your membership once a bank draft from a personal account is set up to pay for the dependent’s portion of your membership.

For more information: Visit the Healthway Prime website

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee insurance customers can receive 50% off their joining fee. To receive the 50% waiver, simply present your BlueCross BlueShield insurance card when signing up at your local Y.

BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois/Okla.

If your employer offers health insurance through BlueCross plans in Illinois or Oklahoma, you may be able to participate in the BlueCross BlueShield Fitness Plan. If you're insured through BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, check with your insurance provider to see if you are eligible for this program.

What is it?

You belong to the Y, but you pay BlueCross BlueShield a $29 enrollment fee and $29 per month (the Y does not collect your membership dues).

How do I get started?

Bring your BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois or Oklahoma card (the one with a 16-digit number on it). This card will only grant you a membership; a spouse will need his or her own BCBS insurance card.

For more information:

Programs for the Military

Military Personnel

All active duty and retired military personnel pay no joining fee when they join the Y. Simply show proof of your military service (such as a military ID) to have your joining fee waived when you sign up.

Military Outreach Initiative

The Military Outreach initiative provides qualified military personnel (typically families of deployed National Guard or Reserves and independent duty personnel) with a Y membership that renews every six months.

How do I sign up?

Families of deployed National Guard or Reserves personnel need:

  1. YMCA application or change form.
  2. Deployment papers: The deployed person must be deployed outside of our geographic region for six or more months.
  3. Copy of your military ID for deployed person and their family members.
  4. Eligibility form from Department of Defense filled out, signed and dated.

Independent duty personnel need:

  1. YMCA application.
  2. Military IDs for themselves and their families.
  3. Department of Defense eligibility form completely filled out, signed and dated.
  4. Approved independent duty letter signed by commanding officer and branch point of contact.

For more information: Visit

YMCA of Middle Tennessee

Association Office
1000 Church St.
Nashville, TN 37203
Contact Us

Follow Us

Sign Up for Emails